Thursday, October 25, 2012

Little Bits

Meet my newest finished quilt, Little Bits!

This is for my newest niece (due in February), who is currently known as Li'l Bit.


It was a race to the finish to complete this Wednesday as Thursday and Friday were/are devoted to Halloween preparation (which is a story all in itself.  Ah, "missing" patterns).

Spunky and the Assistant collaborated with me, although I had to restrict their selections to turquoise, pink, and purple.  Spunky would have added everything and that might have been a little too chaotic.  I enjoyed working with the girls, as sometimes I am too busy "doing my own thing" to allow them to take part.  This quilt is certainly a team effort!

Into my solid blue strip I added a lovely butterfly applique.  Doesn't it look nice?  I think the quilting helps soften up the "solidness" of that piece too.

I quilted free motion hearts and loops.  The hearts could use some improvement, but Li'l Bit won't care, and if her mommy does (she won't) she can use it for a floor quilt.

I wish I had yards of the stripe I used for binding but, alas, I purchased only a yard a long time ago, and the Assistant cut off the selvages in one of her cutting sprees.  It has just enough metallic to it to have a lovely sheen, and it worked well to bind this quilt.  The quilt really is bound, despite this picture.  I thought I had another of it finished, but it's too late and dark tonight to take another.

The backing was chosen by the Assistant just for this quilt.  I think she did a good job!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Alzbeta said...

Oh, Katie! Mommy definitely doesn't mind the hearts... in fact, I love their whimsy! You are such a loving aunt and sister... this made me even more excited for our Li'l Bit! Give the girls extra hugs and kisses and thank yous for their collaboration... I love you all!

Vicki W said...

What a cute quilt!

May Goals

 April was a month of unexpected things. 1. Scraps: trim, yellow flower blocks, yellow 16 patches.   Done. 2. Finish the last two sections o...