Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Craft Show Take 2

Some observations and thoughts...


Two years running, rain has made working the St. Peter Schulte Arts and Crafts Show a challenge.  Loading and unloading in the rain is just a pain.


Spunky, unlike the Assistant, is not quite old enough to help me at craft shows.  The hundreds of people passing by made her so uncomfortable that by 10:00 am, she was hiding under the table.  My sister and nephew, who live nearby, came to her rescue and took her home until the day was over.


As the day passed, I grew concerned that I would make barely enough to consider the show "worth it," but in the last 30 minutes a very generous woman brought a gaggle of gals back with her to shop again, and they provided 1/3 of my sales for the day!  The economy is simply bad; plenty of people came to look, but cute, handmade hats are a luxury, not a necessity, as are so many other items at this kind of show.


I will be narrowing down my offerings for next year.  I have expanded my offerings drastically in the last year by customer request, but too many requests have not been met by a corresponding sale (and if you request things and buy them, you're not the people I mean!).  I plan to make less than 20 types of hats next year, so plenty of last chance hats will be going on clearance.


Thank you to all my repeat customers!  I felt very encouraged to have people say, "I was looking everywhere for you!  I'm so glad you're here!"

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

No comments:

May Goals

 April was a month of unexpected things. 1. Scraps: trim, yellow flower blocks, yellow 16 patches.   Done. 2. Finish the last two sections o...