Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I {heart} this skirt!

I finished this twirly skirt for a custom order just minutes ago and...


I love this fabric!  I love this skirt!  Spunky won't take it off, so I'll have to chase her down later to make her change.  After all, the skirt isn't for her.

The entire skirt is made of one piece of fabric, which is so nice... I know all the colors will play nicely together.  If I had planned better, I would have ordered another half yard to make sure each tier stayed distinct all the way around, but it's still lovely!


The fabric is a hand dyed gradient by Vicki Welsh (please go buy some for yourself!).  It's a little pricy compared to regular cottons, so I won't often make skirts from this for sale, but let me tell you... The fabric sews up well, the colors are amazing and rich, and it's worth the price to make something special!

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

I give it 4 hearts!

May Goals

 April was a month of unexpected things. 1. Scraps: trim, yellow flower blocks, yellow 16 patches.   Done. 2. Finish the last two sections o...