Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Craft Show Craziness

Well, the Assistant and I survived the Kansas Barn Sale in Hesston!

"Survived" might be a bit strong.  We really enjoyed the sale, seeing all the other vendors, and even did a little shopping ourselves.  I think my favorite vendor was Once Upon a Tree, who sold beautiful woodworking, including wooden piggy banks!


 The biggest problem for the Assistant was that it was COLD.  46 F as the high was colder than we anticipated when I signed up for this event.  She really struggled when the wind and rain started, but a few cups of hot chocolate helped us make it through the day.


Here's our booth before I finished winding "cakes" of hand dyed yarn (on the left).  We finished a Wild Turkey hat while at the sale, sold flowers, dishcloths, and hats, and accepted four orders (two are already done!).


On the way home, we stopped at Charlotte's Fabric Outlet.  It was the Quilt Shop Hop weekend, but we couldn't stop at all the shops, so this took care of my fabric cravings.  Aren't these fabrics beautiful? I think they might make a few lovely twirly skirts, or a quilt, or... all I know is I love the colors, so I bought some!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Alzbeta said...

Your booth is awesome! You really made use of that space! I love how the hanging flowers - I think that's a great way to display them. And the new fabrics? Gorgeous.

May Goals

 April was a month of unexpected things. 1. Scraps: trim, yellow flower blocks, yellow 16 patches.   Done. 2. Finish the last two sections o...