Thursday, November 1, 2012

Friday Wrap-Up

This week, all my sewing/quilting was wrapped up in preparing for All Hallow's Eve/Halloween.  This year, I let the girls choose their own costumes for me to make.  Little did I know that Spunky would love the pattern envelopes so much that they would vanish... until a scant week before Halloween.  Then, they both requested to be Mary, Mother of God, but with different patterns.  All righty, I like saintly girls.  The eldest, my Assistant, posed nicely.

Spunky and Bear Cub Q (a train engineer) were less cooperative in regards to pictures.  Here they are riding in the wagon for the 1-mile circuit of our neighborhood.  We turned back after only three houses as nobody was home.  Instead, we visited immediate neighbors and drove into town to hit a few blocks there.
I also finished a big order of two Wild Turkey hats for my business.

Thursday night I basted my string quilt, so I'm hoping to have a more quilty finish by next week.  I also cut the fabric for my baby's quilt, as his due date is 10 weeks away and I need to get busy!

I'll be linking up to Finish It Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

No comments:

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...