Friday, January 11, 2013

Finally...

... Finally, Easy Street is a completed top.  I would be purchasing a backing today, but the Assistant has a tummy ache.  Much less psychedelic with the purple border.  I will be hand quilting this somewhere down the road, but not any time soon.


... Finally, a finish!  This little doll quilt is 18"x20" and is for my niece, who will be joined by a little sister in March.  My pink scraps, called into play by the rainbow scrap challenge, were nearly exhausted after little sister's pink crumb top and then this beauty!  Even the backing was a leftover.




... Finally, some desperately needed rain, .5"!

... Not-so-finally, a top in the process of being machine quilted.  My hope is to finish it by Monday.  Why Monday?  Because, finally...

... Finally, on Monday, if JoJo hasn't arrived yet, he will!  My due date was Wednesday, and he's not interested in making an appearance.  I'm exhausted.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

18 comments:

Heidi Staples said...

Love your Easy Street -- gorgeous!

Alzbeta said...

The purple border definitely reins it in a little, good work! Also, I love the doll blankie! I can't believe how quickly you finished that! She's going to love it (and I bet her mommy will love it even more).

Susana Neiger said...

That Easy Street is amazing - and it looks anything but easy! Cute work on the doll quilt - I love the smallness & satisfaction of finishing a tiny quilt.

Vicki W said...

Easy Street looks great! Have a relaxing weekend. He will probably arrive Tuesday night. :)

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

LOVE your Easy Street quilt. Pardon me while I do my best Carol Burnett impersonation!

Emily said...

Cute doll quilt!

Kerri K said...

I really like the way your easy street quilt turned out, Katie!

Sheila said...

Love your pink mini quilt.
Easy Street looking GOOD.
I read several posts in your other blog! Awesome, most excellent read of your homesteading adventures.
Congratulations. Such an exciting time. A new baby : )

scraphappy said...

What an adorable use of pink scraps. Love those little piano key stripes. Hope everything goes well. Being late is no fun at all.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

What a sweet little quilt! And a big congratulations on your newest addition.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Your Easy Street quilt is beautiful! Love the little quilt with her name on it...perfect in pink!

Candace said...

What a happy little face and an adorable little quilt. Your Easy Street looks wonderful, such pretty colors.

Ellen said...

Great way to use up your pink scraps - it turned out so cute.

Cathy said...

What a cute little doll quilt. I passed up Bonnie's mystery this year...I've got the last two still in flimsy stage so opted to quilt with scraps instead. Easy Street sure does look fabulous, though.

Angie said...

Lorelai looks so happy with her quilt - isn't that one of the best things about quilting?

Edith said...

Pretty little quilt for Lorelai and what a lovely name she has.

Cathy Tomm said...

Wow you got Easy street top done. looks great. Great looking pink. Good luck with JoJo this week.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Your Easy Street is stunning and your doll quilt is adorable... 2 thumbs up from me!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...