Monday, November 18, 2013

Tshirt Quilt Complete!

Another Tshirt quilt "in the can."  While I don't mind the cutting or piecing of these monsters, a heavy Tshirt quilt, queen-sized, can be a beast to fit through the tiny throat space of my DSM (domestic sewing machine.  Because the throat space is small and some Tshirt logos can wreak havoc on the thread, I did a simple meander.  
 I used a generic tan for the top, as the colors were so varied that matching the thread to each block would have been horrible, and a dark brown/wine color for the backing.

Most of the Tshirts were leftover running shirts from her dad, who died several years ago.  A few were terribly worn, so I reinforced what I could and quilted carefully around and over worn spots.
 I love the backing my customer chose for the backing and matching throw pillows.  (In fact, I wish I had ordered extra for myself!)
Now on to other projects!  (And if you're ever interested in a Tshirt quilt for yourself, please contact me!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

3 comments:

Laurie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laurie said...

I can't stand having a misspelled word in my comment so I deleted the previous comment. I said that this is my favorite of your 3 blogs. :)
It is quite an accomplishment to do a t-shirt quilt on a DMS!

Kate said...

Congrats on the finish. The T-shirt quilt turned out wonderfully.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...