Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Hexagon Quilt

As part of the Modern Quilt Guild's Riley Black Challenge, I decided to make a hexagon quilt.
It's been a learning experience, from having to press and trim each step to creating my own layout with the fabrics I selected to some crazy (awesome) quilting.
 As you can see, the quilting might be a little slow going.  I've finished all the grey blocks, all but two of the orange, and still need to outline each blue and then quilt in the negative space.  Circles, chevrons, lines... I love it but can't imagine EVER quilting an entire quilt in pebbles.  Seriously.  I'd never finish.

Now I need to go wind a few more bobbins (I think I'll go through another 9) and quilt my heart out.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Kate said...

What a fun quilt! Hope the rest of the quilting goes a bit faster. It's looking great!

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...