Friday, November 8, 2013

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Oodles of Brown

My 2" squares are temporarily at home on the design wall while I decide if I will make 35 or settle for 20.  I don't need any more baby size quilts, so I was hoping for a lap or twin quilt but... how many more variations can I create?
 In between quilting a customer Tshirt quilt (and running a fever for 24 hours... ugh!), I knocked out a few more mini 9 patches as well as 28 9s and 6s.  I'm aiming for 170 of these (or maybe it's 174).  Since I'm now at almost 120, I think this will be a highly reasonable goal and should result in a quilt of happy size.
Check out the other participants of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

10 comments:

Alzbeta said...

Whatever ends up happening with the rainbow scrap quilt, it is FABULOUS!

Julie in GA said...

I'm loving your rainbow blocks! Have you considered 20 blocks plus scrappy borders to get it to lap quilt size?

scraphappy said...

Your 2 inch squares are fabulous. What a fun collection of colors. I don't see why every block has to be unique, once they are all in the final quilt there will be plenty of variety.

Karen said...

Great rainbow blocks. Sounds like you will be making tons of them. But your lap quilt will be scrappy awesome.

Quilter Kathy said...

I love the 2" blocks... I think it should be bigger!

Sheila said...

Oh my!I love, love, LOVE your postage stamp blocks! A lap sized quilt of these blocks would be so nice if you don't need more baby quilts.

Deb A said...

Beautiful blocks. Personally I'd add sashing and colorful cornerstones and either a mottled solid border or scrappy to make it the size you want. Hope you are feeling better and got some recovery time under a quilt.

Cathy said...

It's all good no matter how you decide to set them.

Vicki W said...

How about setting those rainbow blocks with some black or a multi print to make the quilt bigger.?

Angie said...

The rainbow squares remind me of an Impressionist painting - lovely! Hope you're feeling better!

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...