Saturday, November 23, 2013

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Grumpy Days

Ladies, I haven't seen much of my sewing machine this week.  Someone is a little grumpy:
 He's learned to walk and is into everything.  Everything.  Everything.  Pulling the dishwasher out of its cubby by climbing on it, breaking glass, attempting to disassemble the fireplace, dumping brother's toys, climbing Daddy's chair and throwing himself off the back.  Everything.

Since everything also includes the sewing machine and everything on the surface of my sewing table, I only completed one lonely block Friday night, although I do have another brown (not scrappy) project underway, at least in the cutting stages!
Check out the other scrappers as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

8 comments:

Kate said...

Oh, I remember those days. Sounds like your grumpy one also has no fear. I had one of those and attribute most of my gray hair to the year after she learned to walk. Thank goodness it's just a stage!

Deb A said...

I remember those days! I think I only got to sew when they napped if all my other things got done. Pretty block. Hope the glass caused no boo boos.

Cathy Tomm said...

Wow that is a grumpy face. Good you got one done. It should get better after this week. One of my kids was always going off the back of the sofa and hitting his head. He always had egg bumps on one side or the other.

soscrappy said...

So sorry to hear you are having such a hectic time. I remember fondly when mine were at that stage. It is easy to have find memories once time passes. This too shall pass, until then, at least there is still nap time!

Sheila said...

He is so cute. I had three of those. Now they have gray hair. Time flies. Hang in there.

Julierose said...

Oh boy! They do move fast....that "into everything" stage is tough...this too will pass...he is such a cutie! hugs, Julierose

Angie said...

I also remember when mine were in that fearless stage. Happy to say we all made it through without serious incident! Hang in there - next thing you know he'll be wanting to borrow the car. It's good to have sewing to keep you from being too grumpy!

Cathy said...

Well, he may be a little grumpy but your post sure gave me a laugh. I'm sooooo glad those days are over for me and I'm just a grandma now!

Everything?????

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...