Sunday, April 25, 2021

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 I have things to get done today.  Oy.  I think it’s more than I have decent energy today, so I see all the things I haven’t gotten done.

I’m very happy to have finished both placemats and the doll quilt.  Three things off the pile and a little more stash busted!

IN this week: 0 yards
OUT this week: 1 3/4 yards

IN YTD: 33 1/4 yards (0 yards gifted)
OUT YTD: 30 1/2 yards
YTD Total: 2 3/4 yards IN

My stash busting this year is much, much slower than I anticipated, but I’m happy that despite surgery, I’ve resisted buying scrap bags or yardage.  I am dismayed at how the yardage in my stash is dwindling to mostly less than two yards.  It’s hard for me to decide what fabrics I want to buy in larger pieces, and I’m trying hard to make my stash work for me.  Seeing ALL of it on one wall reminds me I don’t need to buy any fabric for several years unless I actually need it.

On the fifteen minutes of hand stitching a day, I stitched every day.  I think, if I have my numbers correct, I’ve managed to log 109 days of 114.  My excitement in this project is flagging a bit, but I’ve made good progress so far this year, so on I go!  I’ll pull out all my blocks soon and enjoy the distance I’ve already covered on this project.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Kate said...

You've been doing a great job on the stash management and on finding time to stitch. Hopefully you get more energetic as the weather gets better. It's frustrating to have so much to do and no energy to get it all done.

Stash Report Week #15

 I didn’t buy any fabric this week, so the stash report is unchanged.  I will work on assembling my New York Beauty blocks, and I need to de...