Saturday, April 3, 2021

Another Weekend

 I’ll be honest, I’m more than ready for the school year to be over.  It feels more tense now than the beginning of the year as masks, etc., are too rapidly done away with.  I was able to slip into a free spot for my first jab this week, and between it and still recovering from surgery, I’m tired.  I’m looking forward to the kids qualifying for vaccinations this fall.


Equally dramatic (or much more so?) this week, my sister-in-law contracted a stomach bug from a friend’s family.  She was 33 weeks pregnant with twins and dehydrated... and ended up having an emergency C-section to deliver the babies.  So I have one twin quilt done and not the other, and it would appear it’s time to get it done!  They are both healthy and doing well, and as they are 12 hours away in the NICU, this will be what I can do to celebrate.  I have four blocks done, so only five left.


I did get to my light blue scraps (although I know I cut into my lightest blue scraps for a different quilt, so the pickings were slim.  These lean a bit teal, but they look just fine.


I’ve picked out which blocks I want to make for my farm quilt this month, but as I was extra exhausted this week, no cutting took place.

Ooh, I did finish sewing the pineapple tops and need to trim them next.  The pile of teals and light blues for the pineapple bodies are ready to sort and cut.

I haven’t decided if I’m going to lay down or sew something next, but I do know I need to get a little more Easter baking finished later!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. Blue is the color of April for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

8 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm not surprised that you're tired - hope you have some time to rest and feel better each day, Katie! And so glad the babies are doing well after having to be born early. Your blues are pretty! Happy Easter!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Pretty blocks, Katie! Light BLUE leaning toward teal is one of my favorite shades. Hoping SIL and the twins are doing well. You'll get that baby quilt done soon enough!

Cathy said...

What an exciting but rather stressful week. I hope you all continue to do well and that vaccinations continue for you. Your blocks are lovely, as always! Take care.

scraphappy said...

Sorry that the early delivery messed up your plans to have the quilts done. It is good news that the babies are doing well though. I hope that you are able to get some rest this week. You have a lot going on right now!

Maggie said...

Nothing like an early arrival. Rest up and you will feel better sooner. Beautiful blues.

Deb A said...

I hope you opted for the nap. The assistants should be able to help with the baking. So glad your SIL and babies are doing well. Take a deep breath, and let it out slowly. Hope your weekend is a happy one with your family.

grammajudyb said...

I hope you chose a nap too! Even a short rest does wonders! The quilts will wait! The fabric will be there when you are ready! Take care!

Ivani said...

Hope you are felling better!
Take care.

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...