Saturday, April 10, 2021

Quilting Gymnastics

 I finished the blocks for the second twin’s quilt and basted it.  Today I should wind the bobbins and decide on the quilting.  I’d like it done before my mom goes to help my brother’s family, whenever that is.

The pineapples are, once the cutting is puzzled out (five different size of strips in each of three fabrics to be mixed and matched into the various possible arrangements).  I have six different sets of fabrics, but I’m only cutting one set at a time.  I think by the end I won’t need to examine the layout each time to put the pieces in the right places, but for now I have to find the right page in the booklet over and over!
My Modern Vintage blocks are also done for the month.  It was a little more challenging to find “lighter” blues to keep the blocks in the medium/light range, but I’m happy with them.

I’m slow at cutting, but I have been able to cut one farm block each day, so next week I’ll start putting those together when I need a break from pineapples.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

6 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Such nice blue blocks you have made! Great use of your scraps.

Maggie said...

Blue pineapples are cute and made me look twice. Great projects.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Beautiful BLUE progress, Katie!!

Janis said...

Love your blue pineapple blocks, so fun - and yes, they do look complicated - good work!

Susie H said...

You're doing a great job on light/bright RSC blues. Those pineapple blocks look pretty fun to make, even if they are a bit troublesome. Have a great week!

Vicki W said...

Those pineapple blocks are so cute!

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...