Saturday, April 2, 2011

Stash Report Week #14

Unfortunately, there were no finishes.  Not much quilting at all.

On Wednesday, on my way out the door to volunteering, my mom called to say my godfather lay on his deathbed.  It was absolutely a "God-thing" that she called, as she hadn't called his family since Christmas, he had just been sent home on hospice care on Monday, and the nurse and CNAs didn't expect him to survive the week.  Thursday, I dropped off the girls with a friend and made a mad, 12-hour round trip with my parents and Bear Cub Q to say goodbye.  I am so blessed to be given the opportunity to say goodbye.  Even though he couldn't respond, I could tell he was listening, and he tried to talk several times.  Bear Cub Q even startled him by screaming.  Friday, my godfather passed away, so he is no longer in pain or crippled.

Saturday, I woke up to a possible case of mastitis.  Yuck.  We also went out to the land, where DH diligently hoed and planted bushes.  I helped some, then tried to take it easy in the shade.

I also crocheted like crazy in the car to make more hats and flowers for my new etsy shop (check it out on the side!).  Here's one for my niece LEL!

Check out some fabulous stash reports on Judy's blog.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Very sorry for the loss of your godfather.

Hope you are feeling better.

Amy said...

Sorry to hear about your godfather. It was good that you were able to travel to say goodbye.

Jo said...

Sounds like you have had a rough week. Here's hoping this next week is better and you'll be surrounded by good memories of your godfather.

Vicky said...

I'm so sorry. It's always hard to say goodbye, even though we know in our hearts they're at peace. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Charlene S said...

I hope you are feeling better now. I too lost someone special this week only I didn't get to say goodbye. You are very lucky.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...