Friday, January 13, 2012

Finish it up Friday

Woohoo!  A few finishes this week...

A pillow for a friend.

A slip cover for our glider rocker (I'd take a picture, but it's 40 degrees in the living room, so I might freeze!).

A quilt!

This quilt has been several years in the making, and several permutations.  I've been collecting music fabrics, primarily in black and white, for my musical older sister.  Originally, I had a crazy idea to replicate a page of sheet music, preferably one of my sister's favorites... but lots of these music fabrics were not going to fit the bill for that.  Then, last year, I took part in Judy Laquidara's monochromatic challenge.  Every month, until December, I made table runners.  By the time the black, white, and ???, rolled around, I was tired to table runners, so I opted for this quilt... I had been wanting to make a D9P quilt for a while, and now?  Now, I'm SO over that.  Why?  This just didn't quite look the way I thought it would.


Not looking like I thought it would does not, thank goodness, mean I don't like the quilt.  I love the piano key border, the musical fabrics, the backing pieced out of leftovers... but in a much more organized way than I usually piece leftovers.  You can't quite see it in the picture, but there is a tiny red flange between the body of the top and the border, and it's bound in red.  I also quilted it in record time (for me), four hours, start to finish, including breaks for making supper and bathing the kiddos.

Check out other fabulous finishes at Crazy Mom Quilts!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Heide L. said...

I don't know how you imagined it, Katie, but it's great. Love it!
Heide

Henrietta said...

Like that very much, it is balanced and I love the way you pieced the backing

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...