Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pantry Challenge

Amy at Finer Things has been doing a little pantry purging, and I've joined in.

This week, I packed my kitchen, purging scratched pans, glass bottles we had saved for "maybe someday," that I refuse to move into storage, bits of this, that, and the other, particularly plastic and candy.

I examined the depths of my cupboard to see what we had that I had forgotten about.  Two canned jars of apple pie filling (from our apple extravaganza last fall) were used to make apple crisp.  My daughter used the frozen store bought bread to teach her class a cooking less, using also three jars of home-made jam and jelly (blueberry, strawberry, and peach).

In the coming week, I'll need to buy milk, and probably fresh fruit.  We have fruit-in-a-jar, but the almost-two-year-old doesn't eat it very well, and he needs his fruit most of all.  Otherwise, it's another pantry-diving week!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Alzbeta said...

You're amazing! I love how well you sort things, I need to borrow you for a week just to help me do that. I always start out well... and then just get frustrated by the end.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...