Friday, January 6, 2012

Socks

My daughter has an issue with socks.  Namely, that pesky little seam over the toes ALWAYS itches.
Not just, gosh, I have an itch, let me scratch it.
No, if she were older, she'd probably share some colorful language.  Since she's not, she screams and cries in total meltdown fashion.

So, in an attempt to bring myself a little more sanity to my mornings, the first version of seamless socks...
Yes, I agree, they look like duck feet.  When you're trying to work fast and avoid seams, you don't make fancy toes.  You use leftover sock yarn and get to work!

 A satisfied customer.

Check out the other finishes at Amanda's place.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Awww what a cutie! So pleased the socks were a hit. Honestly, the things we do for our kids, eh??!

ktquilts said...

Goodness! I was that child. My mom didn't craft, so she would have to fold the tops of my socks just so. I must have driven her to the brink of insanity. Don't even get me started on my hate of all things elastic!

Way to go for being an awesome Mom!

Kris from Duke Says Sew What said...

Too cute! I love the socks - and your other pretty items on your sidebar.

Alzbeta said...

Oh, gosh, she's so happy about it! Glad you've found a way to help her quirk - good thing she's adorable :).

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...