Monday, January 9, 2012

Pantry Challenge

Lately, I have not planned a monthly menu.  I have learned that, for now, I need to be a little more flexible on what I intend to prepare and serve.  Sometimes, my children are too needy for attention for me to prepare a more complicated meal.  Sometimes, DH is delayed at work, and I don't have his help in corralling the kids... but it's okay.  I've had plenty I used out of my panty this week...

- Asian pasta that DH had picked up from the Asian grocery, but I could never find a recipe for.  My final meal was only mediocre, but definitely edible!

- Broth from the freezer

- Bullion cubes (yes, I use them... they make lentils taste great)

- Buns that I found in the depths of the deep freeze

- Pumpkin from the freezer (I need to begin emptying the freezer in hopes that we will be moving this summer!)

There's plenty more to use up, but this is definitely progress!

This post was inspired by Amy at Finer Things, who is having her own Pantry Challenge.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

No comments:

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...