Friday, January 24, 2014

DWR: the Impossible Project

Oh, my dear sister, I have had such high hopes in finishing this quilt for you.

First, I got pregnant and had the house on the market, so had to pack the project away at the "cut and partially sewn" stage.

Then, a year later, a busted out the quilt top and deliriously expected to finish by December 1.  Other deadlines interfered, as well as the reality that to quilt it "right," I needed more time.

Thanksgiving threw me a hiccup, then Christmas.  I started the new year off with a bang, quilting away, and foolishly thought I could finish in time for Mom to bring it to you in February.

Grandma died.  My floors were being redone.

Now, with Mom in the hospital, my days are consumed with driving to and fro and trying to keep the house in some sort of shape.
I am so sorry, and I promise I will finish it for you.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

11 comments:

Alzbeta said...

You are wonderful, loved, and are free to have all the time in the world on it. While I will be thrilled when we get it, I am more than happy to wait :). I am incredibly lucky that you would put so much time and effort forth for me, and I love you!

Kate said...

Your sister obviously thinks it is worth the wait. Seems you've had a year of extra excitement. Hopefully things will slow down soon.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Beautiful and worth the wait : )

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Hey I have a quilt that took ten years. There is always tomorrow and in the mean time this quilt will always remind you of everything that has happened.

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

Life happens! It will be worth the delay.

Quilter Kathy said...

Does the thought of how beautiful this is help to get back to it?!? Really... it's so pretty and the quilting looks lovely. Hope you can enjoy your hand quilting time on this treasure!

genie said...

Sometimes life takes unexpected turns which keep us from doing what we had planned. It is what I have a way of calling “Living Life on Life’s Terms.” When your sister gets her beautiful quilt, she will be overjoyed. Take your time and enjoy what stitches you have left. It is such a pretty color combination, and the pattern is one of those we all love and cherish. Happy Quilting when you have the time to do it. genie

Deb A said...

The quilting is lovely. Sounds like your sis is happy to wait for this beauty. Enjoy the process, it will get done in its own time.

audrey said...

So pretty! It will be finished when it is--no rushing the good stuff.:)

scraphappy said...

Some quilts are worth waiting for. Hopefully time will be on your side again soon.

Cathy said...

Beautiful quilt. I'm sure that if your sister is worth that beautiful quilt she will definitely be understanding and love it whenever she receives it.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...