Saturday, January 25, 2014

Scrappy Sanity

This has been a long week.  A long two weeks.  You might read here if you're interested about why I've been hand sewing everything I can while in the hospital.
This week, by the grace of God, in between hospital visits and frenzied attempts to keep the house in some semblance of order, I've been ordering myself to sew.  I needed it.

I finished my "Judy" blocks but haven't sewn them into a row yet.  They make me happy, all lined up together.  Now I need to ponder what I'll put in between these blocks and the next color.  I have maybe 100 1.5" squares of blue I could make into something, but what, I don't know!

I added a few sampler blocks from Angela.

One more 2" block was added, a carryover Rainbow Scrap project from last year.

Not pictured, I made myself a new skirt (blue!), and while in the hospital, hand stitched the waistband and yards of hem.  I always resort to machine stitching for both, but I needed my hands busy while waiting.

Finally, my daughter has been hand piecing a scarf for her godmother, my best friend besides my husband.  This is the long strip of four patches and squares.  While in the hospital, I've been finishing it for her, as she is getting tired of it.  I do sew a bit faster than she does!

Be sure to check out the other scrappy projects that are part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

9 comments:

scraphappy said...

What a beautiful and calming collection of blue blocks. It does sound as if you could use some calm in your life right about now. Prayers and hugs your way -- better times ahead.

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

The blocks on your design wall are wonderful! I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother and hope your mom will get well soon. Prayers for you and your family.

Kat Scribner said...

I especially love your quilt of blue/white 4-patches.

Deb A said...

Oh no. So sorry to hear about your Grandmother and Mother. Sending some prayers your way. I hope you get some relaxing sewing time this week. Your blocks are beautiful.

Kate said...

Lots and lots of scrappy beauties up on your wall. Hope the "insanity" ends soon.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your blocks are beautiful!! So sorry to hear about your grandmother and mother. I hope your mom has a very speedy recovery - ;))

Elly D said...

You've had quite a turmoil of a week. So sorry to hear about your grandmother. I hope your mum is recovering well from her surgery. You did so well to get some stitching done. Great blocks too. Hang in there.

Dasha said...

Such a wonderful collection of "blues". Hope that your world comes back to normal soon. xx

Quilter Kathy said...

A beautiful wall of blue scrappyness!
Hand stitching is the best way to survive hospital waiting.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...