Friday, January 31, 2014

Get It Done: February Goals

January is my birthday month, and, in general, I am sad to see it over, but I confess February is looking pretty good right now.  It can't possibly (don't test me on this) be worse than January.

My goals were:
1.  Tell It To The Stars (the next mystery by Judy Laquidara) step 1. DONE!

2.  Scraps: bright blue: Carrie Nation blocks of my 1.5" and 2.5" scraps, Omigosh bits as leaders and enders, cut a strip of fabric from each of the blue fabrics in my stash for 4" charms as well as scraps for my scrap bin, and a blue skirt.  Too much.  DONE!

3.  Quilt and finish Easy Street, which has been aging a year.  DONE!

4.  Quilt and finish Falling Leaves, a pattern from Weekend Quilts, one of Judy Laquidara's books.  QUILTED, TRIMMED, and awaiting binding.  ALMOST!

5.  Prepare a backing for Back to Square One.  DONE!

6.  Three vests for Easter/wedding clothes.  No.  I made a new apron and dress for the Assistant instead, since she needed them for school.

7.  Quilt all the blue inner bits of the melons on the DWR quilt.  Yeah.  I think I got a little too big for my britches, so I thought I'd get half of it quilted.  I have 18 if 72 rings completely quilted, so not as bad as it felt.

For February, my goals are:

1. Tell It To the Stars step 2.

2. Scraps: pink.  Carrie Nation blocks, Omigosh bits, a strip of each fabric for 4" charms, and a twirly skirt.  I'll also make some Rainbow Scrappy Sampler blocks.  This is a much smaller task than mentioned for blue as my pink stash would fit in a shoebox.  My blue stash would fill at least one large rubbermaid.

3.  Finish Falling Leaves.

4.  Baste Back to Square One.

5.  Three dresses/vests.  I need two dresses, three vests, and one skirt done by April 20, so I can't let this linger.

6.  Quilt 36 of 72 rings.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Considering how crazy January was, you made quite a dent in your list. Good luck with your February list.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...