Saturday, January 11, 2014

Winter Blues

... but only the kind that accompany a Rainbow Scrap Challenge!

This month began busy and only seems to be speeding up!  I set some lofty goals for myself and may just have to let some of them fall away, including plans to dive into my luscious blue scraps, as I have a little girl who needs a "Laura Ingalls" dress and pinafore by the end of the month.  I've got to get crackin'.  As it is, here's what I accomplished before and after quilting Easy Street.

There are blocks that are part of Judy Laquidara's Scrappy Challenge.  I plan on making 12 - 6" blocks each month for a quilt for my son's full size mattress.

Then there are the blocks Angela shared and some tiny 9-patches and 4-patches:


from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

16 comments:

Elly D said...

Pretty blocks! Also, is that your cute baby girl in the photo? Adorable!!

newsurfiegirl said...

Nice blocks! I can see some very nice projects being made with those!

scraphappy said...

You got so much done! I am amazed you can finish anything with all you have to do right now! Your blocks look fabulous, both Judy's and mine. What a fun collection it is turning into.

Anonymous said...

You sew some nice blue blocks. Well done.

Karen said...

You have been busy. The blocks for son's quilt are very nice. It is fun th make the 6" blocks Angela is posting.

Kate said...

Fun blocks. I'm enjoying Angela's RSC sampler, those blocks are going to make a fun quilt.

Sheila said...

Nice blocks! So much to so, not enough time.

Sheila said...

sew

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those turned out great!! The Judy blocks are wonderful inblue!

blauraute said...

Wonderful blue blocks you've made. They'll be a beautiful quilt for your son.
Have a nice weekend and take care
Roswitha

Deb A said...

Great blue blocks. Will the challenge with Judy be all blues for your son? I may join that one too... If I can get things done this next week.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Love your blue blocks! Won't it be fun to figure out the final layout!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Your blocks look great! I am thinking about doing Judy's too... Will see if I have time. It's a good looking block isn't it?

Ellen said...

So many wonderful blocks - you have some fabulous blue scraps!

Cathy said...

Fun blocks. I really like Judy's and might have to try that one.

Unknown said...

oooo loven your blocks

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...