Saturday, January 18, 2014

Moody Blues

This week turned into a disaster.

We had planned to replace our nasty cream carpet in our large living/formal dining room.  Who puts cream colored carpet under a table?  Not me!

This became more complicated than desired, enough so for an entirely separate post.  Suffice it to say, the boys and I left the house each morning by 10 and arrived home to a disaster of a house at 3:50 every day.  Not much sewing time, and crabby kids to boot.

Add to that the sad (for me, not for her) passing of my beloved Grandma Bessie, for whom I made a Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilt in 2013, and I was not myself this week.  I need to remind myself that there is great joy in an end to her suffering, and she is finally reunited to her husband after a separation that spanned nearly four decades!

So 6 new Carrie Nation blocks.  I need to work out my pressing on these, as I have a few lumpy spots, but otherwise I love the way they look.  For some reason, in my mind, I want to call these "Cherokee Nation" blocks!

I hope there are 49 other scrappy projects to see as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (last week we had 50 links!).  Go drool!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

12 comments:

scraphappy said...

Not quite at 50 yet! Just 44 as I am checking in. So much fun in blue! Glad you found a few minutes to sew during such a difficult time. Hugs and warm wishes.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Hi Katie...returning the visit! :) glad you got through the week with an optimistic attitude. Sending extra prayers and positive energy your way! :) smiles. Val:)

Val's Quilting Studio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marly said...

You have a nice collection of blue blocks despite the upsetting week. I'm sure next week will be closer to normal.

ratama said...

Your blocks looking great!

Jo said...

Well we are up to 46. Getting closer.
Great blocks though

Living the Lewis Lifestyle said...

Love the blue shades! ...and hang in there with the floors, once it's done, you'll love it.

Cathy said...

What a cute quilt you made for your grandmother. What will happen to it now that Grandma has gone to meet up with Gramps?
So many with RSC now that it takes a whole day to make the rounds! I'll probably have to finish up after work tomorrow!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Sorry for your tough week... Pretty blocks though!

Kate said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandmother, hope the week has gotten easier.

Your blue blocks look great. I really like how your Carrie Nation blocks look laid out together.

Sweet Woodruff said...

I'm sorry for your sadness and I'm glad you have a sewing machine to keep you company during this time of sorrow. Your blocks are pretty. :) Take care. (((hugs)))

Deb A said...

So sorry for your loss. I agree on the cream carpet in a dining room - have that in my house too. With two littles I just purchased an big throw to put under the table to disguise all the droppings! Now if hubby will ever pull it up and put down some tile.....

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...