Saturday, January 4, 2014

Super Scrappy Saturday in Blue

Be sure to check out the other scrappy projects (new and continued) in luscious shades of blue that are part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

 I think I took leave of my senses this year.
To start the year of with a bang (and a sore forearm, unfortunately), I cut a 4" strip from almost every blue in my stash.  At one point, I faithfully cut a 4" square from every fabric as I bought it in order to save for a fabulous charm quilt.  Then, oddly enough, with the calmness that is my life, I stopped.
Here we are, cutting 4" strips, hacking off a square, and cutting the rest for scraps.   I doubled my scrap collection in two day.  As you can see from the bottom stacks, each is several inches high.  I cut all the blues as it would be a nightmare trying to remember what I had already cut when another shade came up later, so at least this is done for a portion of the year.  Since no other color is quite so well represented, I should have the worst of the work behind me.  I also cut up lovely bits that had been lingering because I loved them but unused because they were too small to stand up alone in a quilt.  They'll be great mixed with other scraps!

Now I've pulled all the appropriate blues for my projects and hope to cut and sew later today, after quilt guild!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

7 comments:

scraphappy said...

Oh my goodness! You have gone scrap crazy! What a fabulous stash you must have to be able to come up with so many blues! Beautiful.

Ellen said...

So many wonderful blue fabrics!!

Sheila said...

I love your collection of beautiful blue fabrics!

Elly D said...

You have a wonderful selection of blue scrap strips and squares!

Anonymous said...

Great project start. Have fun!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh my - that is a LOT of cutting!

Kate said...

Wow, at least you have a large palette to start with!

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...