Friday, March 21, 2014

DWR: it's all downhill from here!

Sometimes, I really struggle to remember to blog.  Saturdays, I eke out my rainbow scrap challenge post, and since I feel like the week has wrapped up, sometimes I manage a post on my other projects. Often, however, I don't. It's hard to blog during the week when I haven't "finished" what I want to for the week, and finding computer time to edit and upload photos can be a little like finding the fabled El Dorado. JoJo is, after all, an inquisitive and therefore destructive little boy.

I'm plugging away at this beautiful DWR quilt for my younger sister.  With 23 rings left to quilt in blue, I'm over 2/3 complete.  Morning sickness has kicked my tail, so I'm behind where I'd like to be, but I really, really, really want to finish this quilt before my younger brother's wedding.  I can do it, surely, even with the insanity of planting a garden right now.  Right?

If I can finish two more rings this week and four next week, I won't be far off my original goal for the month, but I also need to remind myself that failing at this goal for good reasons is not something to shame me.  I want the quilt done right, and that takes significant time.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

4 comments:

Kate said...

You've got the right attitude. Make a plan, follow it as much as you can, but don't beat yourself up if you can't. Good luck with the implementation. Maybe JoJo will find something non-destructive to do so you can get a bit more done than you think.

Melinda said...

Sorry you are battling morning sickness - why do they call it morning sickness. I seem to remember it kicking my butt all day. Good luck with tackling those rings. You can do it, a little bit at a time.

Willow River Piecemakers said...

Ooh, I remember! Hope you feel better soon..what a cutie and such a pretty quilt!

Deb A said...

I think your sister won't mind the wait. She is getting a beautiful quilt made by you - shell be tickled pink whenever it is done. Hope you are feeling better.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...