Saturday, March 8, 2014

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Slow and Steady

Feeling off doesn't lend itself to much sewing (neither does a toddler who wants to explore the sewing machine and cut with the rotary cutter!), so this week was slowing going.  I was able to cut and prep plenty of blocks, but it's been difficult to get to the machine.

I managed to cut my 4" strip off each of my greens to make sure I have all my teals ready to go.  Since this is my favorite color, it's my go-to for quilts, and I find the pickings are getting a little slim. Still, I'm not quite ready to spend money, so I won't be replenishing my stash right now.

I did finish there more 2" 36-patches, to bring my total to 25.  Only 10 more to go!  This is definitely not the final layout, but I am enjoying looking at what I've already sewn.

In the cutting arena, I have all the bits ready for my 6 Carrie Nation blocks, 13 Judy Laquidsrs scrap blocks, and the scrappy sampler blocks I haven't cut yet.  That should keep me busy for a few weeks!

Off to sew!  Be sure to visit all the other Rainbow Scrap Challengers to be inspired by teal!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

12 comments:

Angie said...

Love the watercolor effect of the 36 patch blocks!

Vicki W said...

That's going to be a fun quilt!

Edith said...

Katie, I love how your blocks are looking together, maybe I should lay some of mine out (to enjoy), rather than just leaving them in a pile.

Marly said...

Your blocks look really good together. They are beginning to loose their squareness now they are blending into one another.

Nell's Quilts said...

Lovely 36 patch blocks. The colours you have should allow for some nice flow and the individual blocks will just disappear and become one lovely whole.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

That is going to be one great quilt!

Melinda said...

Your 36 patch quilt is going to be spectacular. You are tempting me to do something similar with my stash of 2 inchers.

Kate said...

Beautiful 36 patch blocks. They will make a beautiful quilt when you get them all finished.

scraphappy said...

Great collection of 36 patches. Hope you are able to find time for the rest. Sounds like sewing time is hard to find right now.

Quilter Kathy said...

This is a fantastic collection of 36 patch blocks... great job!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Your blocks are looking fantastic together

Sheila said...

Love your 36-patch block collection. It's going to be a wonderful quilt.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...