Saturday, March 22, 2014

Teal, Aqua, Turquoise

Ah, Spring Break!

That fabulous time of spring where you have so much to accomplish, and even more that you think you should, and... you accomplish very little of it.

I did finish a few lonely sampler blocks, one only of which do I have a photo.



In the meantime, I finished an apron for a shower gift and a dress for one of my girls (one dress left!).  I also assemble my twelve "Judy blocks" in a row (and a thirteenth for the aforementioned sampler blocks).  I couldn't quite fit them all in the photo, as I had to resort to the floor and I'm not tall enough to fit in 6 feet of blocks!
 I am very happy with the way they turned out, and even more happy to revisit some of my favorite fabrics.  Yum!

I have a teach quilt top to tackle next week and a turquoise apron to eke out.  Maybe, if I'm feeling very well, I will even finish my woefully neglected sampler blocks.  Or maybe not!

Be sure to check out the other lovelies created this week as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

7 comments:

Deb A said...

Oh - I forgot about that one. Must go make it. Love the colors in yours. Glad you are getting some sewing time in - hope you feel better.

Kate said...

Beautiful teal blocks. You got a lot done, especially considering how much you have on your plate. Hope the morning sickness isn't too bad.

Sarah said...

I absolutely love your fabrics!

Angie said...

Mmm...teal split 9 patches - lovely!

Cathy Tomm said...

Great looking blocks. Love the idea of a row per month.

Marly said...

Beautiful fabrics in your blocks. I'm looking forward to seeing
how you put it all together.

Sheila said...

Beautiful teal fabrics and blocks.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...