Saturday, March 29, 2014

The End of my Favorite Color

Feeling abysmal aside, I have enjoyed what sewing I was able to accomplish this month.  Turquoise is undoubtedly my favorite color.  I have made some interesting observations as I've worked with my fabric this month.

I have exhausted a good portion of my blue-leaning fabrics.  Since I can't fit all my blue in my bin, I won't be purchasing any more to fill in the blanks until the pile is gone.  Blue-leaning is my preference over green-leaning, and yet I have made more quilts from the green side rather than blue side.  My observation to this is that the green fabrics play together much more easily, and it is harder to get a range of blues to all work (and to have them in my stash in the desired quantities when a quilt rolls around!).  To correct this, I'm going to continue using those lovely greens, but when it's time to replace I will make a concerted effort to purchase blues!

My sampler blocks have a decided green leaning, probably because I cut these blocks as I was cutting strips from my green stash.  I'm behind on these blocks, but as long as I eke out eight a month, I'll be okay.  My plus sign and basket could use a little work, but I think in the grand scheme of things, they'll be okay.  I also fouled up my snowball block- they're not snowballs now!  Again, of well.  They're pretty.

What color do you think is coming up for us?  Be sure to check out all the other lovely blocks that are part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

7 comments:

Nell's Quilts said...

It's approaching the end of the snow season (I hope) so it's only appropriate that the snowball is showing some melting. ;-)

Marly said...

Eight is a good number,and they look good to me.

Deb A said...

Great blocks. Love the half triangle light and dark.

Karen said...

Very pretty blocks.

Sheila said...

Love your blocks. I struggle with blue/green fabrics.

Bonnie said...

Hum, hadn't put much thought into turquoise leaning blue or green. But thinking back over my life with colors I know exactly what you mean. I don't think I've made a quilt I've kept in teals or aqua or turquoise. But I do like the color.

Kate said...

Very pretty green leaning blocks. I like that term. I'm a fan of the blue leaning ones as well.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...