Saturday, March 1, 2014

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: My Favorite!

I love teal, turquoise, aqua, and so on, so there will be no shortage of scraps this month!  I am still going to trim my greens to make sure I have all possible color variations available to me.

This evening, after one of those days where you didn't do anything but you're still so stinking tired that you must have done something, I sorted by scrap containers.  There are plenty of lovely scraps already set aside for my Carrie Nation blocks (I have an excess of 1.5" squares... That means I have a full sandwich Baggie of them.).  I've drawn out my blocks for the rainbow sampler quilt and will tackle those another day.

I even picked fabric to make myself a new apron, as the pockets in my old standby have almost ripped a large hole in the belly... Right where I need the apron!

You can check out other rainbow scrap challengers (some have blocks completed!) at superscrappy.blogspot.com.  I'm posting from my iPad and it's giving me fits!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

7 comments:

scraphappy said...

There is something so exciting about a lovely little pile of scraps waiting to be turned into so many fun projects. Sounds like you have lots of fun in store this month.

Nell's Quilts said...

Isn't it fun to sort through the scraps. I can't help but think back to the projects they completed and then think ahead to the wonderful new blocks the scraps will make.

Kate said...

Lucky! I love teal/turquoise, so I don't know why I don't have a plethora of scraps! I'm going to work on UFOs of that color just to GET scraps. ;)

Kate said...

I did the scrap sorting last night as I was too tired to do much else. Hope you get a chance to play with your teal scraps today.

Angie said...

Can't wait to see your aquateal projects - especially the apron! I keep saying I'm going to make one and then I get distracted by other things.

Edith said...

Katie Z, I see a lot of nice aquas/teals to work with, looks like fun.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

It looks like you have a great month in store... have fun!

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...