Saturday, May 10, 2014

Green Inside and Out

This has been a very green week!  Outside, I've been attempting to catch up on planting, weeding, and watering.  We have hoped and prayed for rain, but with less than 2" since January 1, it is a struggle to keep things alive.  Still, since I water regularly, I have some lovely asparagus and strawberries growing.

raspberries!
Inside, I've been stitching up green spools for my scrappy row quilt.  They're all made but not yet ironed or sewn together.  Still, since most of my "feeling good" time is spent outside, simply getting the blocks made is definitely something about which to be pleased.  Check out all the other fabulous greens that are part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!


from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

7 comments:

Nell's Quilts said...

Nice to see you are greening in the quilting studio and in the great outdoors. I have to get outdoors now that the rain has stopped for today anyway.

scraphappy said...

Green is growing up inside and outside at your house. Happy spring!

Melinda said...

I'm sure it's a struggle to balance the things you want to do when it is so beautiful outside. I'm guessing gardening gives the same kind of satisfaction as quilting - do the work and reap the reward. We live in a very shaded space so no garden for us. Guess I need to sew more green then today. ;)

Cathy said...

I've been trying to get out to the garden too in between the rains when I have time off. We have been eating our asparagus and the strawberries have blossoms.

And who doesn't love spool blocks for scraps!

Sheila said...

Love your spool blocks. Perfect color for May.

Kate said...

It has been a dry spring. Hope you get some rain soon.

At least you had green to play with inside.

Angie said...

Envious of your gardening! I'm in too urban a location for more than a mini herb garden - thank goodness basil grows like a weed!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...