Friday, May 2, 2014

Rainbow Connection

Yay for a green month!  Be sure to check out oodles of green as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

I cut and cut and cut, in between lounging and feeling lousy.  Sunday is my oldest daughter's first communion, and in between house guests and hosting a party, I'm been wearing myself out cleaning.  Of course, wearing myself out at 16 weeks pregnant is a dumb thing to do, hence lots of lounging.
I was startled to pull out all my green scraps and find... so little!  Last year, I finished, top and backing, a complete quilt from my green scraps.  I even pieced scraps together to make the green squares for the half square triangles (I thought I was a little mad at one point, but, oh, how I love that quilt in completion!).  So this year, pickings are a little slim, even after cutting strips from all my fabrics.

I cut 13 blocks for my row quilt, 7 (or 8?) blocks for Angela's sampler, and 8 Carrie Nation blocks.  I'm hoping to eke out 12 more blocks for the row quilt, this time in darker greens instead of lime greens, and since the pattern is spools, I just may be able to do it.

There is a vest (and maybe two more dresses) to finish before the wedding, but otherwise this will be a pretty low-key month.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

4 comments:

scraphappy said...

Sounds like busy times at your house! Great green quilt from last year. I can see why you are low on green now. Hope you can get a bit more rest.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

It will all happen and sounds like you need to remind yourself to take a few more breaks. I used to get so much done, now that I dont' work I hardly get anything done. Not sure where the time goes.

LA Paylor said...

Don't wear yourself out totally, you have babies and quilts to make.
LeeAnna Paylor
Not Afraid of Color!
lapaylor.blogspot.com

Kate said...

Hope first communion went smoothly. Hope you have a chance to slow down and rest a bit now, before things get hectic for the wedding.

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...