Saturday, May 31, 2014

Greens, the End

Barely!  Whew!

I thought I certainly would end the week with nothing to show, but this afternoon, after some serious sweating, weeding, and barn-tidying, I'm pleased with the eight green Carrie Nation blocks.  Obviously they aren't in a row yet, but since my yellow stash is rather anemic, I shouldn't have any trouble sewing them together in June.

Besides, June won't include a wedding or wedding sewing, end of school nuttiness, or any other of the things that were giant (but happy) time-sucks in May.  The garden is planted, so now weeding and harvesting are on the docket.

I'm looking forward to yellows next month!  Check out the other green scrappiness this Saturday.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

9 comments:

make.share.give said...

Very nice! Yay for a nice, peaceful June.

sophie said...

My week went exactly the same way ... I was so happy that there was a 5th Saturday in May ;-)

Your Carrie Nation blocks continue to look GREAT.

Nell's Quilts said...

Great job! I didn't realize how much fun the Carrie Nation blocks were. Just loved putting them together. Yeah for the end of the nuttiness in May.

Cathy said...

Gotta love Carrie Nation blocks.

Sweaty and weeding here too today and every spare minute after work each day. I think all veggies are in and have a few flower seeds left to sow. May have grandkids do that tomorrow.

If I remember right you were already eating strawberries??? Mine are starting to turn red and we have only been eating lettuce and spinach and a few radishes now that asparagus has finished.

scraphappy said...

Glad you got some more greens in this month. I think yellow is a small color for lots of us. More time to catch up on things left along the way.

Vicki W said...

I'm looking forward to yellow too. I am ready for some warm colors!

Deb A said...

I agree - yellow will be an interesting month. Time to play catch up on other things. Great blocks - hope you have a calmer June. May was just nuts with being busy.

Pattilou said...

Love those Carrie Nation blocks. You have lots of variety of greens in them. Lookin' good!

Kate said...

More pretty blocks, lots of fun greens. Sounds like June may almost be boring (just kidding, I'm sure it's never boring at your place).

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...