Thursday, December 17, 2015

Another TShirt Quilt!

First off, yes, I'm aware I took another lousy set of photos.  I don't have a place to hang large quilts, and the lighting is terrible in the winter, and JoJo likes to touch my camera lens. I apologize.

Anyway, this is one of my oldest UFOs.  My sister has been handing my Tshirts for at least four years, probably more.  It wasn't urgent, so I delayed, and forgot about it, and delayed again.  The UFO challenge this year has been instrumental in finishing one of my three "real" UFOs as well as moving my oldest of the three significantly closer to a finish.
 I love these shirts, as most of them are from either high school and college, and we went to the same schools.  My favorite might be the quote "God's will.  Nothing more.  Nothing less.  Nothing else."
I cut a passel of dusty blues for the backing.  Seeing it in the photo, I think I should have cut them all to 10"xWOF instead of some 10 and some 20.  Oh, well.  It's the back, it's done, and we're all happy.  I used a lovely yellow and orange stripe for the binding since my sister loves yellow.  It's about 90"x105", so it should fit nicely on their bed.  I'm thrilled to have finished it!

I also made two pillows with the last three quilt shirts I couldn't fit into the quilt top, but sent them to my mom without a photo.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I like the back and I do them like that a lot it gives it interest, I bet everyone loved them

Kate said...

Congrats on another UFO finish! It turned out nicely, lots of color on the front, with lots of soft blues on the back. You should get a big hug from your sister.

Alzbeta said...

You are, as always, fabulous. I actually love that it marinated for a few years... so many memories that are even better with a few years behind me! I am so blessed that you are willing to put so much work into beautiful creations that keep my family cozy in the winter! (Every single bed in this house has one of your quilts on it right now, plus the reading nook!) Love you, love you, love you!

Anita Nelson said...

I especially am touched by the Pro Life Patch. You've given me an idea to make a special Pro Life Quilt!

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...