Sunday, December 27, 2015

Stash Report: Year End

IN this week: 5 1/2 yards
OUT this week: 0 yards

IN YTD: 56 1/2 yards
OUT YTD: 178 yards

YTD Total: 121 3/4 yards OUT!

This week, I finished a customer quilt and had 1/2 yard of fabric left.  I'm also counting my stash packs from Vicki, as I'd rather count them this year than next (they're my birthday gift to myself).

While I intended to buy less (that quilter's garage sale ruined my numbers!  There were also some prize winnings and a needed backing), I am happy with my stash reduction.  Everything fits in a single cabinet, even my scraps and some projects.  I don't want to outgrow my space.  I rearranged my storage this year, and having all the fabric out together makes me realize my blue-turquoise-green stash is WAY to big.  I love it, but it takes up too much space, so I'm going to use some of my favorites in 2016.

36 spools were emptied in the course of the year.  I have no desire to replicate this feat, as I feel like I had lots of "rush jobs," and I want to slow down next year.

Next year, I think I'll hold to a fabric diet again, and I'm looking forward to a stitchy year.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Kate said...

You had a great stash management year! I'm hoping to get all my stash into one space, I've got to use a lot of fabric to get to that point. So I'll be joining you in the fabric diet next year. Wishing you an equally successful 2016.

Anonymous said...

You had a great year! Good luck next year.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...