Tuesday, September 5, 2017

September Goals

In August, I wanted to...
1.  Sew up the neutral scraps: trim, Garden Party, mini 9s, hourglass, orphans, and Barn Dance.  Also, get Bits and Bobs to the flimsy stage.  Done, done, done!  There were no orphans, so that helped.

2.  Rose appliqué: two threads a week, quilting.  I will admit I didn't do as well here.  This project is too big to fit in my bag conveniently, but I've struggled to find hand quilting time in the current rhythm of the day.  I've decided on a recipient, so I wish I could knuckle down.  Some hand/wrist pain hasn't helped.  I know I'll finish, that I need to be patient with myself, and that this current crazy is only another season.

3.  Rail fence: done, preferably by August 18.  Done!

4.  ABC appliqué quilt. As time allows after the above goals, maybe finish this one?  The letters are glue-prepped and ready for stitching.  All the sashing, etc., is cut.  Done!

I added a few new things: the Meadow Mist Mystery and the Teal Swap.

In September, I'd like to...
1.  Sew scraps like mad: finish Bits and Bobs, finished my hourglass quilt, finish my mini 9s blocks, sew 5 more Garden Party blocks, sew 4 more Barn Dance blocks, and use up a few more orphans.  The pile is so small, the end is in sight!

2. Rose appliqué: progress.  Always onward, right?

3.  Finish my Teal Mini Swap and mail it.

4.  Complete the next step for the Meadow Mist Mystery.

5.  I need a UFO goal.  I think it will go with the orphan blocks in orange, since I finished my hand quilting of Tell it to the Stars in July.  The next UFO was the alphabet quilt in blue, which I finished in August, so now it's time to wrap up the orphan blocks!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Mlada said...

For a UFO goal, what about making sure you have towels/purificators for all of the gestures?

Kate said...

More WOW stuff in August. How you get so much done with so much going on is amazing! Good luck with your September plans.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...