Saturday, September 9, 2017

Blue Alphabet Quilt

I finished this quilt a week or two ago, but I lost the camera and didn't have the photos to upload!  PK enthusiastically helped with the photo shoot, and I figured all of you wouldn't mind his assistance.
 All of the fabrics start with a letter of the alphabet.  I do wish I could find a better "X" fabric, since it fades into most of the backgrounds I have tried, but it is what it is.  One of my favorite fabrics is the fruit in F.  It's bright, happy, and perfect for this quilt.  I have several more sets of these letters still do sew up, so I'll have to think about what I want to use for the next set!
 The quilt is about 45" wide, so I had to piece a backing.  (How did I forget to take a picture of the back?)  I chose a lovely blue ABC fabric.  I tried some wavy quilting with my walking foot.  Let's just say it had a rough start, but I opted not to rip it all out.  Now that it's washed, the distortion isn't too bad.
from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. Here's another quilt in brown.

4 comments:

Deb from frugal little bungalow said...

Lovely quilt but your little one stole the show !:)

Just adorable! :)

Linda Schiffer said...

I like your alphabet quilt. Why not use a darker background fabric for the X block?

:) Linda

Kate said...

Pretty quilt, very cute PK! Congrats on another finish.

Alzbeta Volk said...

Oh, Pete! He has hair! When did that happen??

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...