Saturday, December 2, 2017

A Little Bit of This...

... a little bit of that.

Advent starts tonight at sundown, so I've been pulling out our first things.  Everyone has a stocking this year (patterns by Prairie Moon Quilts), I've filled them with goodies for St. Nicholas Day, and today we go cut a tree from our land.
 I finished up this lovely doll quilt out of the VERY LAST of my orphan blocks.  There are NO more.  I have no doubt I'll create more, or find some squirreled away in an odd place, but I can claim victory over my year long effort to use up my orphan bits.
 My Garden Party blocks are all joined into a flimsy, and the borders and binding are cut.  I'll need to press, trim the edges, and measure next.  This week was full as usual, so this will be a December project to finish.  I was surprised at how small this quilt top is.  I know I roughly figured out the measurements originally, so I don't know why I didn't thing it was small, but it is.  With borders, it will make a great couch quilt, so there's no issue.  It's the last "teacher quilt" I need for the year.
It's time to gear up for the Christmas tree hunt, so off I go!  (While I'm tree-hunting, go hunt down some new RSC project ideas for 2018!)

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

9 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Cute stockings, Katie! I love your little doll quilt, too. Garden Party is so pretty, and such a thoughtful teacher gift. Have a fun day!

Jennifer said...

everything looks great! and congrats on the orphan blocks finding a home! I've never even tackled mine...

The Joyful Quilter said...

Hooray!! for using up all of your Orphan blocks this year. Sounds like a re-cap post is in order to share them all in one place!! That Garden Party top is SEW pretty that I don't think I would be able to give it away. Congrats! on finally getting that top completed!

Quilter Kathy said...

Your garden party is spectacular!
We used to do St Nicks day when the kids were younger but have gotten out of the practice.
I should surprise them again!

Chantal said...

Congratulations on using up all your orphan blocks. They look very happy to be used too. I love it. Congrats on getting Garden Party to the top stage. I love it in blue. Enjoy the hunt! ;^)

Mari said...

Yay for using up those orphans! Nice to have an empty box, isn't it? Garden party is fabulous, too!

Cathy said...

Congrats on using up the orphans!
I can't believe all the gorgeous teacher quilts you have made. I wouldn't be able to part with some of them like Garden Party.

Cute stockings too.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh my gosh!!! your stocking!!! those are amazing -
And the quilts!!

Kate said...

Very fun stockings! Lots of progress on your rainbow projects. The Garden Party blocks look great. Have fun finishing that one off. Enjoy the holiday season and getting the tree up. Ours will not go up till the SIT gets home from college next weekend.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...