Sunday, December 3, 2017

Stash Report Week #48

It was a good week for finishes, even if they were small.  I finished my last orphan block project, a small doll quilt, as well as two table centerpieces for my mom.  For several years, I’ve made placemats for my parents, siblings, their spouses, and my nieces and nephews.  Since I lost a baby two years ago and my younger sister lost a baby this past spring, my older sister and I collaborated on “placemats” for them, so they are still remembered when our family gathers.  I love working with my sister, who embroiders the names, as I piece and quilt.

I will have fabric arriving next week, for a very specific project, and I have hopes of finishing two quilts before the end of the year.  We’ll see where I end up.

IN this week: 0 yards
OUT this week: 1 yard

IN YTD: 170 1/2 yards
OUT YTD: 155 1/2 yards
YTD Total: 15 yards IN

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Alzbeta Volk said...

I have shed a few tears over how sweet and lovely it is for our babies to have their own place at the table. Thank you for making those with Millie, they are lovely!

Kate said...

You've done such a great job on the stash management this year. It's good you've found a way to remember those you lost too soon.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...