Friday, October 26, 2018

Basted Flimsy: Teal 16 Patches

Despite choosing completely to rearrange our storage room, complete with disassembling shelves and reassembling into different shelf heights, I made it to "basted" stage for my 16 patches!  I chose a lovely magenta for the backing and basted the entire thing Thursday.

No, I probably shouldn't be rearranging with my hand, but there're pounds and pounds of produce needing storage and no proper place, so I did it.  I will probably never learn.

I also began the process of sewing the segments for my last churn dash blocks for the year.  My hope is a churn dash flimsy in November.

Really, the rest of the year should see a flurry of flimsies: Emily's quilt, churn dashes, the Assistant's Abandoned Plus Quilt, and possibly another 16 patch quilt.  Then it will be time to start some new things!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Congrats on finishing off the storage reorg. Hopefully your hand didn't bother you too much. Happy stitching this weekend.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

A flurry of flimsies - I like that! I'm hoping for that, too!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful quilt, do you know which quilting design use?

Edith said...

I absolutely love this quilt top, beautiful selection of blues.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looking forward to the flurry of flimsies!! Enjoy the quilting of this 16-Patch. LOVE it!!

May Goals

 April was a month of unexpected things. 1. Scraps: trim, yellow flower blocks, yellow 16 patches.   Done. 2. Finish the last two sections o...