Wednesday, October 24, 2018

WIP Wednesday

Since my UFO for the month is finished, this isn't quite a UFO update.  Instead, I'll call it a "Work in Progress" update.

Here're most of the rows for a new quilt!  I didn't have this quilt on any of my lists at the beginning of 2018, but a neighbor who moved away (and will hopefully come back soon) suffered a traumatic brain injury and is still recovering.  Sounds like a good candidate for her own quilt, right?  So I'm at work.

The bricks are 3"x6", finished, which is enormous compared to my 16 patches constructed of 1" finished squares.  The speed of growth is quite nice, as I'm already sewing rows together, and I started sorting them into rows only this week.

I could be farther along, but I've been distracted by tearing apart my storage room and rearranging.  (DH doesn't know this yet!)  It's where our bulk food storage, miscellaneous goods, and garden produce are stored, and it was just a mess.  It will get worse before it gets better, but I have a plan and have made good progress!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Kate said...

You've made good progress on the new project. Hope the neighbor is doing well, brain injuries are just so life changing. I'm attacking our attic, it's so true that any space being cleaned and reorganized gets worse before it gets better. Hope you can make quick work of that storage space.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...