Saturday, October 6, 2018

Pinning and Pressing

The past week has been, for scrappy sewing, round after round of "pin, sew, press, repeat."  Unfortunately, none of my scraps are green.  I sewed those up back when I was barely able to sew after hand surgery.
 All my 16 patches, at least for this stage of the game, are complete.  I sorted them out to make two quilts, one teal and one blue/purple/green.  I have enough for a good start on a third so there will be more 16 patches in my future scrappy sewing.
The 1.5" strip box is still not empty, despite its extensive use this summer, so it's a good thing I plan to make more 16 patches.  I think I'm going to add in gray since those scraps are lonely from neglect.  Those may come out to play in November or December, once I see where my other scraps take me!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. Be sure to check out the GREEN scraps this weekend!

5 comments:

Cathy said...

I love how you just keep on digging away at thiose 1.5” scraps! You’ll have some cute quilts when all is said and done. And your post reminded me that I have a bag of mustard-colored (not my favorite) 1.5” strips wanting their turn at something. This may be the solution!

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVING all your teal blocks!! I spy with my little eye something that looks like the backing for my Grand Illusions quilt. SEW much fun to spot fabrics that I have in my own stash!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Look at all those 16 patches! That's going to be an amazing quilt, Katie!

Deb A said...

Such fun 16 patches and in my favorite colors too! They will work into some lovely quilts.

Cathy said...

Hmmmm...I think I know what my next project will be that uses 1.5 inch scraps. Thanks for the inspiration!

May Goals

 April was a month of unexpected things. 1. Scraps: trim, yellow flower blocks, yellow 16 patches.   Done. 2. Finish the last two sections o...