Saturday, October 13, 2018

Slow and Steady

Where did the time go?  It escaped with the warm weather and the rain, apparently.

I started with stitch in the ditch for the Stained Glass Star quilt, then progressed to the setting triangles, then dithered over the stars themselves.  Since they were stitched on more than one machine, with multiple skill levels on the cutting (remember that pesky broken hand?), and with different hand abilities, some are a little, well, bubbly.  All will be well in the end, although there may be a lump here or there.
 16-patches are at the difficult stage of requiring pinning for any progress.  Right now, they are all stitched in pairs and pinned to make strips of 4.  Once I use up another bobbin of dark blue, I'll return to stitching these.
I chose and cut the fabrics for the remaining 18 churn dash blocks, but I imagine those will wait for next month.

I did plant garlic this week, and bake for a funeral and a birthday, and DH was gone for a few days, so this is good progress.  Maybe next week I'll have a quilt to show you!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. The proper color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is dark green, but I haven't any more of those to make, so I'm finishing projects.  If you want to be inspired by green, go here!

5 comments:

maggie fellow said...

THe stained glass is lovely and I look forward to all the finishes

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your stained glass stars quilting looks good to me, Katie! I think focusing on finishing this month is a great idea - I have a quilt top to do that with, too!

Chantal said...

Love the "ribbon flowers" quilting on your Stained Glass quilt. Just lovely! ;^)

gayle said...

I absolutely love those stained glass stars!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I commend you on your work toward finishing these projects!! Oh, what a lesson on tenacity I could (and SHOULD!) learn from you.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...