Saturday, November 23, 2019

Preparations

How’s the weather where you are?  We finally had a few fall days, but now we’re back into winter!

This week, I hustled through the first of two quilts made from this year’s Great Granny Squared blocks.  It’s quilted and the binding is machine sewn on, waiting for next week when I can sew it down by hand while visiting with family.

The second is sewn into rows and, if between visits to new doctors next week, I can get it pieced, basted, and quilted, I may have two bindings to finish while family is here!

I’m making slow and steady progress on the Irish chain, aiming for hand quilting half a block a day.  It may take me all next year to finish, but finish I shall!

The sixteen patches were waylaid this week, but next week I should be able to finish all the greens, which will leave me only the teals in December.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. Visit all the rainbows!

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

have a good visit with your family - mine is arriving tonight we are doing Thanksgiving a couple days early -- love the Granny Squares I made that pattern a couple years ago

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your granny square quilt looks wonderful! Looks like you have a helper there. Enjoy the time with your family, Katie - Happy Thanksgiving!

Vicki W said...

Have a great Thanksgiving with your family. The GS quilt is looking good!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Love the granny squares quilts! And your Irish Chain is inspiring me to get out my hand quilting and finally get it done. Happy Thanksgiving!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Best of luck getting the 2nd Granny ready for binding before your family arrives!!

Mari said...

The granny squares is looking great, and I hope it goes well with the new doctors. Binding sounds like a great thing to do when visiting with the family. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...