Saturday, November 9, 2019

What Would I Do...

...if I weren’t afraid to mess up quilts?

I would try more new-to-me quilting designs.  I am a mediocre quilter at best, although I can rock a meander!  So this week, after many delays, I settled in to quilt my Tiny Tuesday sampler.  My intention is to do one motif for each color, so eight different motifs.  I’m on pattern number 5 and running short on ideas.  I don’t particularly want frequent stops and stars, marking or rulers, or anything incredibly dense.





Early in the week, I knocked out the penultimate Lepidoptera block, a lovely (and lovely small) fuschia butterfly.  Last up, next week after finishing the sampler, will be an emerald one.  Assembly of this jigsaw puzzle has me a little hesitant, but I think the fabrics will cover a world of mistakes.

In health news, there’s not much to say.  I am grateful that the headaches, while still with me, are less debilitating, and beyond that, zero progress.  I think I’ve settled on a doctor who will listen to me, and I’ll call to schedule an appointment next week.

Let’s go visit some other rainbow quilts, shall we?

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I think your quilting is really going well and considering all the headaches you have been having you are doing great!

Deb A said...

I'm sorry to hear of the headaches. Never good when mom diesnt feel well. Your quilting is looking great. Maybe search continuous block patterns for ideas?

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your quilting looks amazing to me, Katie! And the butterfly - wow! Hope your doctor can help you find some relief.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wonderful start on the quilting of your Tiny Tuesday Sampler, Katie!! Best of luck on the last Butterfly block.

Mari said...

I think the quilting looks awesome! Is there a row that would look good with a simple cross hatch? A meander wouldn't be bad on one row, either. Crossing my fingers that you get some headache relief soon.

gayle said...

I love your butterflies so much!
It looks like your quilting is going really well. I'm admiring your courage to try so many different things - I always wimp out and just do something with straight lines and my walking foot...

Kate said...

The quilting is looking good so far, you've made really good progress on that front. Hope the new doctor can help you move past the headache and all the other health issues. Good luck!

Stash Report Week #15

 I didn’t buy any fabric this week, so the stash report is unchanged.  I will work on assembling my New York Beauty blocks, and I need to de...