Saturday, November 30, 2019

Finished!

This has been a lovely week for sewing.  My 16 patches in green, blue, and purple are done.  Next month I’ll make the teal ones.

One Great Granny Squared quilt, roughly 6 foot square, is finished.  The binding on the second is 1/4 done, and will hopefully be done by the end of the day.  I’m pretty happy with how they look, although I think if I made them again I would starch them after pressing, before cutting.  They had a bit of fullness when sewing on the sashing.

One neurologist and one ultrasound on a lump later, I have the answers of nothing fatal or more serious than some horrible migraines.  Now if I could just manage the stress in my life (ha!), I might be better off.  Fortunately, headache days are decreasing.  All that’s left is physical therapy for my remaining issues, and I might eventually feel human again!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. I’m looking forward to browsing all the block collections this weekend!

11 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Hooray for fewer headaches and a completed quilt, Katie!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so glad you found out what is causing these headaches and I hope there is a medication you can take immediately so they don't get bad. It must have been good to finally find out there was a reason! Love the quilts!

scraphappy said...

The granny squares turned out lovely. Glad that the source of the headaches isn’t more serious.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your granny square quilt is wonderful! You must have made a big bunch of those blocks to have enough for two quilts. I'm always in awe of how much you get accomplished!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Wonderful blocks and quilt! Good luck with your health issues.

Vicki W said...

That sounds like some good news!

Mari said...

Happy day! I'm so glad it's nothing serious. What a relief that must be. Your 16 patches look tranquil and I love the granny squares. So cheerful!

Chantal said...

6X6 feet! That's a mighty big quilt. Congratulations on this beautiful finish. So happy to hear that the migraines have lessen. ;^)

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

The granny square quilt is so beautiful! Congratulations on the finish. I am glad you are feeling better and hope your health continues to improve.

Deb A said...

Oh no! Hope they have a solution to resolve the head ache issue that will work for you. Beautiful job on the blocks and quilt top! Always fun to have a completed top.

Kate said...

Your Granny Square quilt turned out beautifully! Glad to hear you are getting some not scary answers about the headaches.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...