Tuesday, December 3, 2019

December Goals

In November, I wanted to...

1. Irish Chain is still on the list for my 12 Things project.  I would like to quilt 12 chain blocks this month.  I think I did finish 12 chain blocks.

2. Scraps: It’s time to assemble!  I have trimming, the last two Lepidoptera blocks, and some 16 patches as leaders and enders.  After that, if I feel really lovely, I can finish the Tiny Tuesday sampler, 2 Great Granny Squared quilts, Lepidoptera, or even the 16 patch quilt!  Plenty done, plenty left to do.

For December, I would like to hope I’m past all but the biggest health hurdle.  So recovery, but still slow, and with Christmas only three weeks away, a busy month!

1.  I want to quilt 12 more chain blocks for my Irish Chain.  I’m having some trouble with numbness in my back from hand quilting, so I don’t really want to overdo.

2.  Ah, scraps.  Trim, finish Lepidoptera, and maybe a Garden Mosaic quilt are in my future.  After that, the 16 patch blocks should get finished this month, so maybe I’ll tackle this lovely, large quilt soon.

3.  I may make two more placemats for my mom’s collection.  My newest nephew was born, and my sister (who embroiders the names) and I discussed we should make something for the sibling my mom miscarried between said sister and I.  I have plans, but I’m not in a rush. These are to be lovely.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Good luck with your plans for December. It's always a busy month. I forget how much time wrapping gifts takes.

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...