Sunday, December 29, 2019

Stash Report 2019 Finale

I ordered fabric and I’m counting it for this year.  The plan is to have big pieces on hand for backing. Additionally, my lovely younger sister gave me a yard of luxurious Art Gallery fabric for Christmas.

IN YTD: 96 yards
OUT YTD: 126 yards
YTD Total: 30 yards OUT

Yeah!  Victory for my stash busting goals!  The last great stash busting year was 2015, when I used 121 yards more than I purchased.  Seeing as I only used 126, I would be hard pressed to use so much.  That tells me I’m getting my stash to a size I can use well without it growing too much year to year.  My 2020 goal will be to use 40 yards more than I purchase, as I have a few piles I’d like to fit onto my cart.

Next year, I hope to add a report on my hand quilting goal of 15 minutes a day in 2020.  I have an Irish chain on the frame in the living room, and we need the space back!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Yay! You used more than you bought even after including the recent incoming stash. I am going to start tallying my stash (on my spreadsheet, I'm not sure it will be on the blog), so I did some last minute purchases I am counting for 2019!

Kate said...

A reasonable goal for 2020. Congrats on all the progress with stash management over the last few year and good luck with your goal for 2020.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...