Saturday, December 7, 2019

Waiting

‘Tis the season of preparations!  Thursday afternoon I had a moment of “where did I leave my brain?” when I couldn’t find the gold coins for the stockings for the feast of St. Nicholas.  It turns out my oldest hid them for me (a necessary thing, as Miss G is quite the snoop at times), so no wonder I couldn’t find them!  All is well, as we found them in the end.

Last Saturday evening, I did indeed finish the binding on the second Great Granny Squared quilt.  I wanted to soak, wash, and dry them before taking pictures, but, alas, the transmission died on my washing machine during the Sunday post-Thanksgiving guests laundry marathon.  The replacement transmission arrived seriously damaged, so we’re (fingers crossed) going to have a functioning machine on Monday.  So here they are, unwashed and in poor lighting.  I forgot to take them outside yesterday, and it’s frosty today!


Finishes are quite satisfying, but I think this next flimsy ranks up there as well.  Despite cutting mistakes and piecing mistakes, I made it!  I even pieced the backing and will cut the batting this weekend.  The Assistant requested this for her collection, but I think we’ll tuck it away for college.  We have a little or two who has trouble with nail polish and sharpies, even though we hide them!


I’m having more headache free days, which is lovely, so health issues are in general improving!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. I link up each Saturday to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

8 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh my! Three glorious finishes!! The Lepidoptera quilt is beyond fabulous - good call on tucking it away for now. The granny square quilts are so homey and charming. I must add one to my bucket list! Glad to hear you’re feeling better these days too!

Quilter Kathy said...

Gorgeous quilting accomplishments... but even more important is that you are feeling better more of the days... wonderful news!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Lepidoptera quilt is just beautiful, Katie! The backing looks perfect for it, too. So glad you're having more headache free days!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

glad you are feeling better these days and more headache free days. The quilts look great!

Jenny said...

Beautiful butterfly quilt, yes, save it for later, that seems a good idea. So pleased your headache free days are getting more plentiful, making your days so much easier.

Mari said...

Oh, the butterflies quilt top looks so, so good! And what a perfect backing. The Great Grannies are lovely, too. Happy that your head is getting better, just in time for the season. Fingers crossed for your washer. Being without a washer and with kids is just the worst.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Bumps and bubbles be darned, that butterfly quilt is SPECTACULAR!! I would be hard pressed to choose a favorite Great Granny (quilt.) Someone is going to be VERY happy to receive one of these! SEW glad to hear you are having more headache-free days, Katie. Good luck getting your washing machine fixed SOON!!!

Susie H said...

🎶🎵 FABULOUS!!!🎵🎵🎶

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...