Wednesday, January 1, 2020

2020 Quilting Goals

In 2019, I had a list of goals for scrappy sewing.  All the quilts were finished except for the 16-patch quilt, which will be done in 2020 after I decided to make more blocks.  I also wanted to use 30 yards more than I purchased, which also happened.

This year, the goals run along similar lines:
1.  Use 40 yards more than I purchase.

2. In a continuation of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (because it is so fun to play along!), I have a brick and square quilt, a scrappy lob cabin, and Garden Party.  I may make more Garden Mosaic blocks, but I’m not committing to it yet.

3.  Other quilts on my “future quilts” list includes... a wool prayer cloth for my sister, a temperature quilt, a pink 16-patch, a weighted blanket, a bee fabric quilt, two placemats, maybe a baby blanket, and maybe some Easter skirts and vests.  Several maybes.  I’m good with that!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

3 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Hope you and your family have a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR, Katie!! - ;))

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

You can do it! you did really good this past year considering you had a baby and the health problems that followed you throughout the year - you got done with a lot I think

Kate said...

Very reasonable goals for 2020. Happy New Year and happy stitching for 2020.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...