Saturday, August 22, 2020

A Plethora of Purple

I whipped out my purple quilt this week!  It’s already in the mail and will hopefully arrive in the next 9 days (she lives 3 hours away, so this should be a reasonable hope).  I am quite happy with it.  It might be a smidge wide, but I accidentally had 64 blocks instead of 63, so it’s 8 blocks wide.  The block pattern is from the book Successful Scrap Quilts from Simple Rectangles.  I will revisit this book for other patterns, as I was very happy with how the directions were written, etc.  My purple stash has dwindled alarmingly with the making of this quilt, but since we are finding a move may be necessary soon, the more I use, the less there is to move later.


Ten Garden Posies are finished for the month.   I think there’s only one scrap of purple in the entire quilt, so the scraps aren’t cooperating with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this month.

Week 3 of homeschool is in the books.  It was smoother, despite outside chaos, so I would consider it a success.

I basted my pink Flying Stars quilt which had been set aside for the purple goodies above.  As soon as I load some bobbins with pink thread, I’ll have another finish not too far away!

What else did I do this week?  I know, things, but it feels like I should have more sewing time to account for somewhere.  Oh, yes, masks and tie dyeing with the kids!  We made a new shirt for me (my first shrunk too much), some hats, a sweatshirt, and some lovely fabric.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.


8 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh, your purple quilt is just gorgeous, Katie! What a lovely gift! Love seeing the other projects, too. I have a quilt to baste, also - need to get on that! Do you spray baste?

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your PURPLE scrap quilt is done and dusted... er... mailed?! Way to go, Katie!! Best of luck on quilting your Flying Stars, too.

Vicki W said...

Love the purple quilt! I have that same book.

Jenny said...

Your purple quilt is so nice, what a great gift!

grammajudyb said...

I’m mesmerized with Flying Stars! I don’t sew lots of pink, but that is just stunning!

Mari said...

Congratulations on the purple finish! Love the pink quilt too. A move coming? Oh my. . .good luck with that! Glad the schooling is going okay, too.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your quilt - the kids here don't start school until about the first of September I think - they put it off two weeks this session I think some kids are doing on line and some in the classroom - I admire you doing the home school bit

Kate said...

Love your purple quilt! I've made a quilt from that same pattern, but mine is purple and yellow. Love your pink quilt too. You've made a lot of progress even with all the home schooling going on. Hope this week is as good.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...